Assessments are one of the most important tools used by leadership coaches.
Assessments give you and your client direct access to both the internal factors and the external factors that will help your client grow and become even more successful and fulfilled as a leader.
Administering assessments can be complex, but you don't have to re-invent the wheel. In this course, you will learn the coaching best practices that will enable you to serve your clients well.
In this course, you will learn
- The two main types of assessments used in coaching leaders and how to select the right assessments for your clients and your practice.
- Two important ethical issues in using assessments, and standard practices in dealing with these issues.
- Whether to get certified or not: the factors to consider.
- How to set up and administer an assessment.
- For 360s: whether to use surveys or interviews.
- How to debrief the assessments with your client, step-by-step.
- How to work with clients who react defensively to difficult feedback.
You will receive
- Two templates I use in my own practice for conducting 360 interviews.
- Two tools to help you work effectively with clients who react emotionally and defensively to difficult feedback.
- A list of 30 assessments, along with links to the websites of the publishers and other information about selected assessments.
Who should take this course?
This course was designed specifically for
- the coach (internal or external) who works with leaders in organizations
- and who is relatively new using assessments.
Others will also find this course valuable:
- You already use one or a few assessments, and you want to broaden your understanding and skills.
- You manage coaches or a coaching program and want to develop standard practices regarding using assessments.
- You are considering getting certified and want to understand all the factors to consider in deciding whether to make this investment.
Ready to buy? The purchasing process seems to work better on some browsers than others. Students have reported that Chrome works better than Safari. If you run into problems in the purchasing process, try using a different browser.
About the photo:
The photo was taken along the Green River in Utah, near Dinosaur National Monument in Utah.
Here's what participants have already said about courses in this program
"Thank you for offering that wonderful session. I am a life and wellness coach, and so the world of executive coaching is foreign to me. I appreciated your breaking it down and in particular grounding it in the ICF Code of Ethics. I feel grateful for your generosity in sharing your experience."
"This was my first foray into corporate coaching. It was thorough, thought provoking and filled with expertise based on experience. I can not say that I'm ready to go 'corporate' but this helped me understand the structure, expectations and demands of it."
"Very well prepared and structured content, coming from a rich practical experience, presented in an excellent manner. It was a treat! Thank you!"
"I finally understand where I fit as a coach in an organization. It allows me to have a much more focused conversation with the parties."
"Thank you very much for sharing your expertise and experience in this area. I very much appreciated the webinar."
"Thank you so much for the detailed presentation. You covered many topics that are very helpful for me, and I am sure for many other coaches, beginners or not."
"Thank you for this material. It is AMAZING."
"This teleclass has incredible values: clear to the point, great example, perfect length. I have to say this is one of the most useful recordings I have listened to so far."
"That was one of the best virtual classes I’ve ever attended. Almost every webinar I attend does the same pet peeve. They don’t get to anything useful until waaaaay into the session. For example, for a one hour class I expect them to chit chat with non-useful stuff for at least 15 minutes. You did not do that! You gave instant value, along with a resource for more info. You were succinct. You painted pictures of potential clients, their problems, and how to solve them. You asked questions that captured my interest. And then you gave me a tangible solution. Bless you."
"Excellent, excellent, excellent job."
"I’ve attended a lot of teleclasses. This has been the most useful and productive of all."
"Well prepared, with good insights!"
I’m Ann Kruse. I've been advising and coaching leaders for over 30 years, as a professional coach, an organization development consultant, a human resources manager, and a lawyer.
I have worked inside several companies in a variety of industries (technology, law, health care, telecomm), as well as a large government agency. I have founded and managed three separate independent professional practices (as a lawyer, as a team development consultant and as an Executive Coach). I've also been responsible for selecting external executive coaches for a leadership development program in an organization.
One thing that excites me is working with people like you, who are constantly learning and upping your game. I have recently noticed a surging interest among coaches from a variety of coaching specialties who want to venture into leadership coaching. This matches a growing need in organizations for help in developing their leadership bench strength as baby boomers retire. To help you as you enter this market, I would like to share some of what I have learned with you.
Please check out the course list to see which ones fit your needs.